Investment: 90 000 000 CZK
Area: 2 420 m²
Location: Prague 1
Investor: COPA, a.s.
Relation to Project : Complex project documentation in all its stages including engineering services.
Amply decorated Baroque façade conceals a four-storey building that came into existence due to reconstruction of several historical burgher houses and that was thoroughly renovated in 2004. The Neuberk Palace (Dobrensky Palace) is a four-storey structure from the peak Baroque built on the foundations of medieval houses from the 14th century. The building owned Sibylla Magdalena Franchimon, née Dobrenska of Dobrenice in 1711. When Karel Ferdinand Dobrensky got the house in 1717, he started converting the house in to a palace. Further renovation of the palace, though more emphasizing its interiors, took place under the family of Harduvals de Chamaré in 1812. In 1844, Jan Norbert of Neuberk, had a new roof structure erected here. The new owner, a curator of Matice česká and a member of the archaeological commission of the National Museum, was renowned as a collector whose son Jan Eduard of Neuberk bequeathed his father’s large collections to the National Museum and the Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague.
Today, the building offers 450 m2 of retail, 1052 m2 of offices and 730 m2 of residential areas to which belong also five luxury apartments. The centre of this multi-purpose complex is the courtyard used as a parking lot for the tenants. Complex modernisation and renovation affected both the exterior and the interior – there were restored the original vaulted ceilings, the entry door and wrought balustrades, and other salvaged original decorative elements.